The origins of Galloway can be traced back to 1872 when the business commenced trading as tinsmiths in Dundee. Galloway Group became a Limited Liability Company in 1961.
In the early 1970s, under the then Chairman Sir Gerard Newman, the ductwork contracting side of Galloway Group expanded.
In the early 1980s, following discussions with a USA Company, Ductmate Inc, Galloway Group acquired the licence rights to manufacture the Ductmate product range of rectangular slide on flanges for sale in UK, Europe, and certain other parts of the World. In 1991, an additional Ductmate product licence agreement was entered into with Ductmate Inc for a circular slide on flange.
In 1986, E Rushworth Ltd (an established Ducting Company based in Dewsbury) was acquired.
During the period 1988-1992, a complete new factory was constructed at Dewsbury, followed by an office and factory extension.
In April 1997 six members of the Management Team completed a Management Buyout. This also coincided with the move to a much larger factory in Dundee in Arrol Road.
In April 2001, two of the Management Team retired.
Following another management buyout in 2008, the current management team is leading the business forward.